Monday 15 February 2010

Ursonate @ Shunt, 13th February 2010

On the 12th and 13th of February I performed 'Ursonate' at the Shunt Vaults.
On the first night (Friday) I had to go it alone as my compatriots were busy looking for or doing actual jobs. The audience received it rapturously (most likely because it was performed in the Reading Room right next to the new bar set up in the corridor). It was the first time I've had an audience whoop and cheer during a reading. I felt a bit like John Coltrane.

The following evening it was Dummy Company's time to shine and Shaun and Sophie took centre-table with various objects and puppets. This time we did the whole sonata and, having only just improvised it an hour before, the final movement went down a treat as we debuted our new 'Golemming' puppets (new for Stomunculus the Homunculus).



A Golemming

The final presto sounds a bit like techno music, so I decided to throw a little Golemming party complete with party poppers, shaving foam and a little glitter ball. Aside from the laughter, the audience were the complete opposite to the night before, as they focussed intently on the puppets.

Here is an audio recording of the Saturday 13th performance:

URSONATE@SHUNT (13th Feb, 2010)

or

files.me.com/shaunmay/aq5zf2.mp3

2 comments:

  1. Hello.

    I was there on friday night.
    You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ORTE, :)

    I tried to view the video and it says it has either been deleted or is not available to me. (I've got a free account).

    ReplyDelete